The pages on this website are published by Plant Inspection Services Ltd (company number 05819714) whose registered office is at:
High Street, Knaresborough
North Yorkshire. HG5 0HW.
Use of information
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them with their consent. Examples of such information are:
- Your name
- Your company
- Your email address
The information collected will be used to send you the information you have requested and to provide information that may be useful to you.
We will retain your data until such time as you notify us that you no longer wish us to.
We may share non-personal aggregate statistics about our site visitors’ traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not sell or share any information about individual users.
In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act. This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to request:
- access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com or use the contact form on this website.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact email@example.com or use the contact form on this website. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.
Plant Inspection Services Ltd treats all the data held with the utmost care and security. Any details you give us will remain completely confidential.